This website may contain affiliate links. When a purchase is made through our links, The Naked Diabetic may receive a commission, at no cost to you.
Diabetic Friendly Desserts can be a challenge. I love this easy Sugar Free Mini Strawberry Cheesecake recipe because it tastes fabulous and looks amazing when served individually.
Here is what you will find in this post.
Table of Contents
How to Make Sugar Free Mini Strawberry Cheesecakes – The Video
- Catalina Crunch Darl Chocolate Cereal
- Splenda Granulated Sweetener
- Low Fat Cream Cheese
- Cool Whip
- Fresh Strawberries
- Sugar Free Strawberry Jello Powder
Need Diabetic Friendly Ingredients?
Recommended Kitchen Tools
- Mini Silicone Round Cake Moulds
- Mixing Bowls
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- Silicone Spatula
- Electric Mixer
- Food Processor or Blender
- Baking Tray
Helpful Tips and FAQs
Is this Sugar Free Mini Strawberry Cheesecake Recipe Keto Friendly?
Yes, if you stick with the ingredients in this recipe, it is keto-friendly. If you use alternative ingredients, only use Keto Friendly Ingredients.
Where to buy Catalina Crunch Cereal.
If you live in the US, it is available in most supermarkets as well as through our online link. For Canadian residents, it can be hard to find. In Canada, it can be found at Keto Shops, online through our links as well as online low-carb grocery outlets, such as Low Carb Grocery Canada.
I am using Catalina Crunch Dark Chocolate Cereal. If you prefer a graham cracker crust, choose Catalina Crunch Honey Gragam Cereal. Other alternative crusts that are diabetic friendly are Sugar-Free Almond Flour Crust or Sugar-Free Chocolate Almond Flour Crust. Always be mindful that changing ingredients will change the overall nutritional values.
Can I bake this crust?
If you prefer a crunchier crust you can certainly bake it for 6-8 minutes at 325 degrees (160 C). Make sure that the silicone moulds you have purchased are oven-friendly before baking.
Can I use muffin tins instead of the moulds?
Yes, you sure can. However, a standard muffin tin will make a larger. mini cheesecake. you will get less serving. The nutritional information will also change, due to the larger servings.
I use Splenda granulated whenever possible as it does not negatively impact my blood sugar. I find that sweeteners that contain sugar alcohols cause my blood sugar to rise. If this is not a concern for you or you have a preferred sweetener, by all means, make substitutions that suit your preferences and dietary needs. Keep in mind that substituting the sweetener may change the overall nutritional information.
When serving a Sugar Free Mini Strawberry Cheesecake, consider topping it off with slices of fresh strawberries, a dollop of Cool Whip or a small amount of Sugar Free Strawberry Jam.
Sprinkle a little bit of dark cocoa using a mini sieve on the plate before adding the cheesecake, and top the cheesecake with a bit of Walden Farms Chocolate Syrup (drizzle) and a few sugar-free chocolate chips, for a classic restaurant look.
If you like the look of drizzle, use the Walden Farms Sugar-Free Strawberry Syrup or the Walden Farms Chocolate Syrup and a drizzled spoon for a thin line of drizzle as seen below.
For an extra bold red colour to your strawberry layer, add some red food colouring to your strawberry layer.
Storing and freezing Instructions
Fridge – Keep your mini cheesecakes refrigerated for up to 5 days in an airtight container. Do not add toppings until serving.
Freezing – If you want to store these in the freezer, wrap them tightly in plastic wrap after taking them out of the moulds. Place the tightly wrapped cakes in an airtight container. Freeze for up to 6 weeks – 2 months. When removing from the freezer, remove the wrap before the cheesecakes start to thaw, to retain the shape.
How to Make Our Sugar Free Mini Strawberry Cheesecake Recipe
Putting Them Together.
The Sugar Free Mini Strawberry Cheesecake Recipe
Diabetic Friendly Sugar Free Mini Strawberry Cheesecake Recipe
- 2 cups Dark Chocolate Catalina Crunch Cereal
- 1/3 cup Butter – melted
- 1/4 cup Splenda Granulated Sweetener
- 12 ounces Cream Cheese – Low Fat softened (one and 1/2 block)
- 1 1/3 cup Sugar Free Cool Whip
- 1 Tbsp Splenda Liquid Sweetener
- 1 Pkg Sugar Free Strawberry Jello
- dash Red Food Colouring (optional)
- In a food processor or blender, add the cereal and pulse into fine crumbs.
- Pour crumbs into a mixing bowl.
- Add the melted butter and sweetener and mix until well combined.
- Divide evenly between 16 silicone moulds and press into the bottom of each cup.
Cream Cheese Filling
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the softened cream cheese until smooth.
- Add the liquid sweetener and continue mixing.
- Fold in the cool whip.
- Divide the mixture in half.
- To one half of the mixture, add the Sugar Free Jello Powder and mix well.
- If you want the strawberry layer to be darker red, add a bit of food colouring until you have the desired colour.
- Divide the strawberry cream cheese mixture between the moulds, carefully spooning it in and smoothing it out with the back of a spoon.
- Add the cream cheese layer on top of the strawberry layer and smooth out the top.
- Place in the freezer for 2 hours or until very firm.
- Remove the moulds from the freezer and push each one out of the mould.
- Serve with a drizzle of Walden Farms Sugar Free Strawberry Syrup and a couple of strawberry slices. (Optional)
The following information is for one Sugar Free Mini Strawberry Cheesecake without toppings.
- Calories – 175
- Toptal fat – 21 gr
- Saturated Fat – 8 gr
- Total Carbs – 12 gr
- Fibre – 3.6 gr
- Net Carbs – 8.4 gr
- Protein – 7 gr
- Sodium – 205 mg
Nutrition information is provided as a courtesy and is automatically calculated using an online nutrition calculator. We encourage you to calculate nutrition data with your specific brand ingredients as nutritional information can vary between brands